Call (858) 345-1720
For a FREE Telephone Consultation!
Joseph D. Raskin, Esq.
Griffith, Young & Lass, APC
Mr. Raskin has been practicing family law in San Diego for over 16 years. After over a decade of success running his own firm, Mr. Raskin brought his skills and experience to become of counsel to Griffith, Young & Lass in 2017. Mr. Raskin has successfully handled complex asset/business division divorce cases, child custody & support actions all aspects of family law matters, and related civil and criminal cases (including domestic violence matters). He has lectured on Military aspects of California divorce cases and dealing with Lautenberg Amendment issues for military clients. Mr. Raskin earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern California in 1988, and later earned his Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of San Diego, School of Law.
Prior to entering the study and practice of law, Mr. Raskin was a Special Operations Officer (EOD) in the United States Navy. He graduated at the top of his classes in diving and defeating all explosive devices. He planned and conducted numerous missions in support of the United States Secret Service protection of the President, and other VIPs. He received combat decorations in Operation Desert Storm and retired as a Commander from the United States Navy Reserve in 2014.
In law school, he earned several awards for academic excellence and outstanding advocacy, including the Order of the Coif, San Diego Law Review, Merit scholarships, “Child Advocate of the Year (2000)” by The Child Advocacy Institute, and academic awards in subjects such as: Intellectual Property, Civil Procedure, and Child Rights and Remedies.
– United States District Court, Southern District of California
– State Bar of California (Family Law Section)
– San Diego Family Law Bar Association
– Top Lawyers in San Diego – Family Law, Semi-finalist (2006, 2008, 2013)
– Child Advocate of the Year (2000)
– Presenter, “Judges’ Orientation Program for New Attorneys – Family Law” (Sponsored by San Diego County Judges & the San Diego Bar Association 2012, 2013, & 2014)
– Author, “Representing Military Members in Domestic Violence cases under The Lautenberg Amendment” – Trial Bar News, March 2009
– Author, “Words Create Prejudice” – Trial Bar News, October 2007, Vol.30 Issue 8
Call now to speak with an experienced
San Diego Family Law attorney
North County Office
1525 Faraday Avenue, Suite 140
Carlsbad, CA 92008
La Jolla Office
7855 Ivanhoe Avenue, Suite 400
La Jolla, CA 92037
San Diego Office
7676 Hazard Center Drive, Suite 500
San Diego, CA 92108